Ok so that's all I want to talk about money I want to tell you that another mom who is adopting from Sebastian's orphanage got to see him and hold him here is what she said.
Katrina, I did get to see your sweet boy on the day we were taken throughout the whole orphanage. He is in a room with babies . He caught my eye immediately and as I gazed down at him in his crib (it was rest time), he made good eye contact in spite of a few institutional habits he was displaying. Katrina, he has the most beautiful eyes I think I’ve ever seen. Just gorgeous! I asked to hold him and they said yes, so I picked him up and told him he had a mama and daddy who loved him and were coming for him. He was soft and melty in my arms and it was so hard to put him down and walk away again. I’m so glad you are motivated to move quickly to get him, as he’s not receiving the stimulation he will get from you in order to progress like I KNOW HE CAN. What a precious boy, and it was a true privilege to see and hold him!
I would guess he’s wearing a size 9 to 12 months right now. I’d guess him to be about a year old knowing he has Ds and not knowing his age. Don’t forget to take a measuring tape on your first visit to get all his measurements to help you with clothing for him. I don’t know whether he’s sitting up but I wouldn’t count on it. He probably gets a bottle because he was in with the babies, but that’s just my very best guess as I didn’t see them feeding him. I saw babas feeding other little ones with bottles while holding them, and they were his size. So that’s my guess, but you’ll find out more when you go on your first visit. They are great about answering questions about your child! The diet has changed, and the director has a menu plan made up weekly and has strictly forbidden the use of added flour or sugar. It is still mostly carbs, but it’s at least real food! All the kids with Ds I saw were on the chubby side because of the carbs, but once they get home, their diet will improve to include more protein and veggies so no harm done! I’m so glad I got to see your boy, Katrina!
It was so wonderful to get this email I am so happy that another mommy got to hold our boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment