Wednesday, November 21, 2012

where we are

Mike and I got our Medicals done yesterday so we can check that one off the list.
 We found out that since Amanda turns 18 in July she had to have her fingerprints done and a state  background check done on her. That will take from 3 to 6 weeks to get back. That means our homestudy can not be finished till we get that back so it puts us back a few weeks. We can't send in the USCIS forms without the Homestudy.The USCIS can take up to 3 months to get back and we have to have that to send in the dossier.We also sent in our FBI background checks a few weeks ago and they take some time to get back they also have to be in the dossier.
 So now  we just wait! wait! wait! that is the game in adoption nothing new to us and I am taking this much better this time around lol. I know in the end when ever that may be he will be home with us and we will have forgotten all of this waiting and paperwork and such. I guess maybe I did learn something from Vahnya's adoption to just trust in the Lord and all will be fine.

WooHooo!  little update since I posted this. We just got our FBI letters and they are all ready to be Appostiled so now we send them into the US Department of State and that will take about 15 days we have the time though since we have to wait for other things. One step closer Baby boy Bashgy!


No comments:

Post a Comment